The Haunting Shadow...




I feel your hands around my neck, 
And your presence like my shadow, 
but more so like a ghost. 
Haunting every thought, 
Every moment. 
Stealing joy and roaring out shame like a powerful lion.

Though I run I can’t hide. 
For where there is light, 
There will always be some kind of shadow not far behind.

I feel your breath. 
I smell your skin. 
I see your eyes. 
And I hear my frantic heart beating out of my chest.

You were a cruel man, 
Considered guiltless despite my blood being on your hands. 
Even so, 
Though you say you have washed your hands 
The stains on your sleeves will never come clean. 
So I hope they remind you every day 
You are a murderer, 
Killer of innocence and even purer faith.

I hope you always remember 
That moment you took my life. 
And remember even more so: 
Despite you and despite some power divine, 
I rose back up from the dead 
Now even more alive.

Soul awakened. 
Heart renewed. 
Now the strength to take zero shit from bastards like you.

So wash your hands sore. 
Sing songs until the stain glass windows break. 
But you will always have something on your sleeves, 
Bloodstains from an old heart 
Of the girl I used to be.

Comments

Popular Posts